Mayor & City Council
The River Rouge City Council consists of seven members including the Mayor and the Mayor Pro tempore.
The River Rouge Mayor and City Council are the elected representative body responsible for municipal policy making and administration. The duties of City Council includes the following:
- Adopting and/or amending City ordinances (laws)
- Determining City policies and standards
- Determining how much money will be spent and for what purposes
- Determining the amount of City taxes to be levied
- Approving contracts and agreements
- Representing the City locally, statewide and on the federal level
Council Meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday every month at 6:30 pm.
Meeting minutes for the Council Meetings can be found on the City Council Meeting Minutes page.