CITY OF RIVER ROUGE
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Topic: River Rouge Council Meeting 4/7/2020
Time: Apr 7, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 127 509 470
Notice - Coronavirus Protocol
The City of River Rouge, Michigan
The Mayor, City Council and the City of River Rouge has been complying with all directives and implementing all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) as the COVID 19 pandemic has unfolded. As you are aware, conditions are changing rapidly and future changes in operating protocol may be necessary to be implemented. Until further notice, please note the following:
CITY HALL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
- Employees will continue to come to work at City facilities and will be available to answer questions by phone or email. The public and residents are encouraged to use these forms of contact. Contact information is available on the City’s website at “City of River Rouge.com” or the following phone numbers:
Mayor’s Office 313-842-4200 ext. 221
Building Department 313-8424209
City Assessor 313-842-7822
City Attorney 313-842-4717
City Clerk 313-842-5604
Community Development 313-842-4203
Credit Union 313-297-0012 WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Department of Public Works 313-842-6482
Finance & Purchasing 313-842-4803
Fire Department 313-842-1718
Police Department 313-842-8700
Senior Citizen Center Closed
Treasurer’s Office 313-842-5602
• All payment types can be processed via the drop box in front of City Hall or by calling the Treasurer’s Office. Building Department forms and applications are available on our website. The drop box will be emptied multiple times throughout the day. Please leave your name, phone number and address in case we need to contact you for additional information.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Director of Public Safety
Dispatch: (313) 842-8700
Administration: (313) 842-0069
FAX: (313) 842-1050
10600 W. Jefferson Ave. River Rouge MI, 48218
The River Rouge Department of Public Safety is taking every precaution needed to assure the health & safety of our citizens and businesses in light of the current coronavirus pandemic. Public Safety Officers and firefighters are at a higher risk to be exposed to the virus. Due to these unusual times, our department has done the following.
- All public safety (police / fire) have been issued N95 masks and have been instructed to wear them if they come in contact with someone with symptoms of the
- Dispatchers have been informed to ask specific questions of callers on requests for an ambulance. If the caller gives any information that the call is for someone with the virus, they are instructed to inform all responding personnel.
- Public Safety Officers are still responding to ambulance runs to assure security to everyone on scene.
- Public Safety Officers and our Fire / EMS personnel will still respond to all calls for service.
- Officers have been instructed to keep 6 foot distances from people unless absolutely necessary.
- In an emergency continue to dial 911.
- The non-emergency number is (313)842-8700 ext.5.
- As this situation changes, our department will make changes to protect all citizens, businesses, visitors, city employees and all public safety personnel.
Please do not hesitate to contact our department with any questions. We continue to be here to serve you.
Director of Public Safety
Thank you for the support and understanding. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated as we try to operate as normally as possible.