You must complete an Absentee Voter Ballot Application to obtain an Official Absentee Voter Ballot. Please provide your name, address and a contact number in your request. Applications are not available for download online. You may request an Absentee Voter Ballot Application in one of the following ways:
1. By phoning the Clerk’s Office at (313) 842-5604.
2. By writing the Clerk’s Office at River Rouge City Clerk, 10600 West Jefferson Avenue, River Rouge, Michigan, 48218.
After completing the “Absent Voter Ballot Application,” be sure to sign and date the application in all of the designated places. It is required that your signature appear on the application. If your signature is not included on the application, you will not receive an absent voter ballot.
Deliver the application to the City Clerk’s Office by one of the following methods:
1. Fax the completed application to the River Rouge Clerk’s Office at (313) 842-4711.
2. Mail the application to the Clerk’s Office at River Rouge City Clerk, 10600 West. Jefferson Avenue, River Rouge, Michigan, 48218.
3. Deliver the application personally to the office of the City Clerk.
The clerk will issue Absentee Ballots upon receiving your completed and signed Absentee Voter Application. If your application was submitted via mail or fax, your ballot will be mailed to you. If you dropped off your completed and signed application in person, your ballot may be obtained at the Clerk’s Office.